Instagram. Everyone’s eyes are on it right now!
With over 400 million ACTIVE monthly users, maybe (if you’re not already) you should consider it as a marketing platform.
For me personally Instagram is my second favorite social media platform (Facebook is the first in case you were wondering). I was a bit of a late bloomer with Instagram, meaning Ive only had an account for approx 18months and wasnt really serious about it at first. Then I started noticing other businesses using it and getting real results!
That was when I decided to get serious and really strategic about the whole thing. Using these simple top tips below I managed to grow my followers to over 6,000 within just a few months and have even gain customers.
Below are my top tips to really get serious and grow your Instagram account and get your business and brand seen!
- Choose a user-name, one that is easy to remember. Hopefully, you can get one that is the same name as your business so you can keep your branding consistent but if not consider other options such as adding in a # or a _ f or example dynamic_business_women
- When you’re ready to launch have up to a minimum of 10 pictures/posts ready – why? because nobody wants to follow an account with only one picture in it… #yawn
- Create regular content and utilise the comments field – talk about your picture and encourage engagement from other Instagrammers by having conversations, both in your feed and others
- Don’t forget to utilise all the characters in your bio – so be sure to use your keywords here, tell people about you and your business because this is searchable!
- Like pictures from people in your target audience. I used this strategy when I first started out and found that in most cases people will head over to your profile to check you out. If they like what they see they will follow you back
- Don’t forget to promote your Instagram account on all of your other social media profiles, let people know where they can find you
- Remember to upload clear photo’s, blurry or hard to figure out images are just a turn-off for your followers
- Add a description to your images, let people know what they are looking at and encourage the conversation (Pro Tip: ask questions in your captions, this is a great way to get people engaged)
- Know your audience. Know WHY you’re posting and WHO you’re posting for, this will help you grow your followers organically
- Don’t be afraid to post daily, or even multiple times a day. Just don’t post multiple pictures all at once – space them out throughout the day
- Use the geotag (especially if you are a local business). When you use the geotag feature others who are also posting in your area will see your images on the locations pages. This is a great way to been seen by your local community
- Use people’s faces. Research shows that images with faces receive the highest likes – #selfie!
- Come up with your own branded hashtag and encourage others to use it #DynamicBusinessWomen
- Get behind the scenes. Sharing behind-the-scene photos convey the personality of your brand
- Promote your Instagram account in your newsletters (a popular post) every now and then and link it to your Instagram account
- Connect your Instagram account with your contact list. To do this go to the three dot buttons at the right-hand side of your screen, and select ‘Find Friends’ to connect
Want more tips on how to grow your business? Make sure to check out the Dynamic Business Women Newsletter for video trainings, blogs and sooooooo much more!
Enter your details to receive weekly weekly inspiration and business tips to help you succeed in business